22.02.2015

52 haftada baskı yapmak 1. Hafta / 52 weeks of printmaking Week 1


Öncelikle eskiz kağıdına bir makas şekli çizip deseni lastik panoya geçirdim ve oydum. Önce kağıt üzerinde ıstampa mürekkebi ile deneme yaptım.
----------
First i have drawn scissors on sketch paper, transferred it to foam board and carved it. First I tried the stamp on paper with endorsing ink.


Bu kumaş eski bir kılıfın parçasıydı. Amerikan bezi denilen, boyasız, işlem görmemiş, ham pamuklu bir kumaş. Yıkayıp ütülemiştim. Kendi yaptığım akrilik sprey boya ile tüm yüzeyi kapladım. Kumaş bir gece kurudu. Gerçekte tok bir kırmızı olmasına rağmen sprey boya su ile seyreltildiği için pembemsi bir renk oluştu. O yüzden kumaş üzerine fırça ile yeniden kırmızı akrilik boya sürdüm. Yüzeyi tamamen kapatmadım, ara ara boyayı uyguladım. Birkaç gün sonra da beyaz akrilik boyayı fırça ile kumaş üzerine serptim.
----------------------------
This fabric was a piece of a cushion case. Unpainted, raw cotton fabric. I have washed and ironed it. Then i have covered it with the homemade acrylic spray paint. I let the fabric dry overnight. Though it was supposed to be a deep rich red color as the spray was diluted with water it became pinkish. Thus, i have applied red acrylic paint with brush afterwards. But i did not cover the whole surface, just here and there. After a few days i dripped white acrylic paint with a brush on top.



Kumaşa baskı yapmadan önce biraz ölçüm yaptım. Kumaş 26 x 31 cm idi. Damga da 4 x 10 cm gibiydi. Damgayı oranlayınca ancak 2 sıra sığacağını gördüm. Cetveli hiza almak için kumaşın ortasına koydum. Bunun yerine kumaş kenarını katlayarak referans olarak kullanmak da mümkündü. Her 5 cmde bir damgaladım.
------------
Before i started printing i did some measuring. The fabric was 26 x 31 cm. And the stamp was approximately 4 x 10 cm. When i scaled  i saw that only 2 rows would be possible. I used the ruler in the middle of the fabric for aligning. I could have folded the fabric edge for reference, too. I stamped the image every 5 cm.



Sonuçta baskı biraz soluk oldu. (baskı için kullandığım renk turkuaz) Yer yer boşluklar da var. Ama fotoğraftaki kadar da soluk değil. Ben doğrudan cam masa üzerinde baskı yaptım. Yumuşak bir yüzey kullansam daha iyi olabilirdi. (araya başka bir kumaş ya da havlu koysam) Bir de damgaya boya alırken ıstampaya daha çok bastırabilirdim. İlk anda boya dağılacak diye biraz çekindim. İlk deneme için fena değil :) 
Ek (25.02.2015): Kumaşı soğuk sabunlu su ile yıkadım. Renk vermedi, solmadı. Daha sonra yünlü programında deterjan ile makinede yıkadım. Yine sorun çıkmadı. 
----------------------------------
So the print turned a bit faded. (i used turquoise color for printing) There are gaps here and there, too. But the print is not as washed out as it seems in the photo. I printed directly on a glass table. It might have been better if i had used a softer surface to print on. (like putting an extra layer of fabric or towel underneath) And i could have pressed more when i was taking paint onto the stamp from the pad. I was afraid that i would smear the paint at first. All in all it is not that bad for the first trial :)
Addition (25.02.2015): I washed the printed fabric with cold water and soap. It did not release any color during the wash and no fading occurred. Then i washed it in the machine with detergent on wool program. Again there was no problem.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönderme

Merhaba. Zaman ayırıp düşüncelerinizi paylaştığınız için teşekkür ederim. Yorumlarınız benim için önemli :)
----------------
Hello. Thank you for making the time to share your ideas. Your comments are important for me :)